In May 2021, Oklahoma Senate Bill 1080 was signed into law increasing the income tax credits available through Oklahoma's tax credit scholarship program to $50 million per year (with allocations of $25 million to private schools and $25 million to public schools). 

GO for Catholic Schools (“GO”) is a tool that gives Oklahoma taxpayers the power to proactively reallocate a portion of their state income taxes (that must be paid anyway) to benefit the Catholic schools of their choice!


How?

  • GO contributors earn a state income tax credit worth up to 75% of the amount contributed through GO, which directly reduces the income taxes they pay on a dollar-for-dollar basis.
     
    • Married couples may earn up to a $2,000 credit each calendar year, by making a $2,667 contribution with a two-year written commitment.
       
    • Single persons may earn up to a $1,000 credit each calendar year, by making a $1,333 contribution with a two-year written commitment.
       
    • NOTE: Businesses may earn a maximum annual tax credit of $100,000.


How does my contribution benefit Bishop Kelley?

  • GO contributors may designate up to 90% of their total contribution to the Catholic schools of their choice, including Bishop Kelley.
     
    • The remaining 10% goes to fund scholarships at Catholic schools where the need is greatest, often the feeder schools to Bishop Kelley, but always schools serving a shared mission.


What does GO do with the contributions?

  • Every single dollar contributed to GO for scholarships goes to help students attend a Catholic school in the Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma!
     
    • 90% to the Catholic schools designated by the GO contributor and the remaining 10% to Catholic schools where the need is greatest.
       
  • GO scholarships are awarded annually to all students (both Catholic and non-Catholic) with a demonstrated financial need for assistance, whose families are working hard to afford a Catholic school education for their children.
     
    • We estimate that 90% of students currently attending our Catholic schools would qualify for a GO scholarship, making tuition more affordable and our schools more accessible for families.
       
  • GO is providing 210 scholarships with a total value of at least $204,925 to students at Bishop Kelley High School in the 2019-20 school year.
     


History of GO Scholarships

For questions about how GO works for Bishop Kelley, please contact Doug Thomas, Director of Philanthropy at 918.609.7115 or dthomas@bishopkelley.org. For more information, please visit the website: www.GOforcatholicschools.com.