Phase 1: Summer Workout
Set to begin June 8, 2020-June 26, 2020 (Workouts M-Thurs)
We are excited to welcome our student-athletes and coaches back for volunteer strength and conditioning sessions beginning on June 8.
In an effort to bring students back safely, we have set up several protocols listed below that will take place on a daily basis. All of the Bishop Kelley staff members will be trained both in our protocols and best practices as campuses across the state re-open. There will be no sport-specific work done at Bishop Kelley or by Bishop Kelley teams during Phase 1.
Our focus is on re-acclimating our coaches and athletes to the school environment and preparing their bodies physically for the upcoming season. It is important that all protocols are followed and that there is no lingering in any of the areas- including the parking lot. The athletic facilities are opening solely for our coaches and student-athletes, and they are open only during the sessions listed below. No other activity will take place to ensure the cleaning protocols we follow are effective.
If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director Lance Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Session will run Monday-Thursday
- 36 athletes in weight room, 36 athletes on field (Total of 72 athletes/session)
- Students will sign up for a session using their Bishop Kelley email addresses on the Google sheet here. Students will stay in the same session and group for the entirety of Phase I.
- Students arrive at session, will have to have temperature checked and Covid-19 checklist filled out every day by a staff member before entering the stadium. Students and staff must wear a mask during check-in. Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your session begins. Check-in will take place at the north ticket booth at Angelo Prassa Field. Only trained Bishop Kelley staff members may enter the facility beyond the check-in station.
Session 1: 6:15-7:45am
Session 2: 8:15-9:45am
Session 3: 10:15-11:45am
Session 4: 12:15-1:45pm
- All athletes will proceed to the field and be split into their designated group. All athletes will warm up together then proceed to either the weight room or stay on the field.
- Students will be required to wear masks only while spotting in the weight room. Students must provide their own mask.
- Bishop Kelley coaches will be used to supervise each session to help run the weight room, field and monitor student athletes for check-in and dispersal.
- Students must provide their own water, a minimum of 1 gallon ( there will be no refilling during workouts)
- All racks must be cleaned between use
- All coaches and staff will be wearing masks.
- Locker rooms are unavailable, but the outdoor bathrooms will be available. Student athletes must come dressed for workouts, then leave immediately after the workout concludes. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- All areas will be sanitized every morning, between each session and after the last session of the day.
Please see map below for entry and exit instructions.