The Bishop Kelley Advisory Council is constituted by and serves in an advisory capacity to the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa and directly to his representative at the school, the President. The Advisory Council is comprised of no more than 22 voting members and several ex-officio members. Members are representative of the various constituencies of the Bishop Kelley community, including parishes, alumni, current parents, past parents, friends and benefactors, pastors, and Catholic grade school principals. Members are appointed by the Bishop based upon the recommendations made by the President and the nominating committee of the Council. Council members serve a three-year term and may be renewed for one additional term. The Council conducts five regular meetings and holds special sessions as necessary. Standing committees of the Council are the Executive, Finance, Strategic Planning, Plant, and Advancement. The duties of the Advisory Council are to:
- Establish policies that reflect the school’s mission and ensure that these policies are made available to parents, students, faculty, and staff.
- Establish criteria for and to evaluate the progress of the school.
- Plan for future directions and development.
- Approve the budget and financial policies.
- Assist, in the event of a vacancy in the position of President of the school, in the selection of the President.
- Advise the Bishop and the President in matters related to Bishop Kelley High School.
- Articulate the educational mission of the school.
- Oversee the maintenance of the physical plant.
2016-2017 Meeting Schedule
September 13, 2016 – Regular Meeting
November 3, 2016 – Regular Meeting (Note this meeting is on Thursday evening)
January 17, 2017 – Regular Meeting/Special Session: Budget and Tuition for 2017-2018
March 7, 2017 – Regular Meeting
May 9, 2017 – Regular Meeting
- All meetings are scheduled on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- We will meet in the meeting room in the Stephenson Family Library/Media Center.
- A light dinner is provided at all meetings.
- Committee meetings take place at designated times between Advisory Council meetings. Committee chairs will contact members individually. Committees are welcome to begin meeting before the August meeting.
Bishop Kelley High School Advisory Council 2016-2017
- Most Reverend David A. Konderla – Bishop of Tulsa
- Mrs. Sharon Anthamatten
- Mr. Darryl Christner
- Mr. Tom Flanagan '97
- Mr. Harrison Garlick
- Mr. Robert Leikam '02
- Mr. Richard Little
- Mr. David Littlefield
- Mr. Dan Pasque
- Mr. Steven Plaisance
- Mr. Jim Pohlman – Superintendent, Catholic Schools
- Rev. Michael Pratt – Pastor Representative
- Mr. Ryan Ritchie
- Mr. Chris Scalet '77
- Mrs. Jeanne Smith
- Mrs. Dede Soulé
- Mrs. Deb Thalken
- Mr. Pete Theban † – Principal Representative
- Rev. Brian O'Brien – President
- Mrs. Debra Butler – Assistant to the President
- Mr. Shawn Lawhorn – Faculty Representative
- Ms. Judith McMasters – Acting Principal
- Mr. Rick Musto – Director of Finance
- Mr. Gary Oberste '70 – Dean of Student Activities
- Mr. Lance Parks – Athletic Director
- Mr. Jeff Pratt – Dean of Students
- Mrs. Kathy Sands – PTO President 2016-2017
- Mr. Doug Thomas – Director of Advancement